Friday, August 24, 2012

Irritation and its consequences

So for the past week the kiddo that I had the biggest bond with has been the most disinterested person to me. I'm not sure what is going on but it's already started to affect me in that I'm irritated to no extent. Yes she's a pre-teen and all that goes along with it but it just really grates on me that she's being so snotty toward me.

It's gone so far that I don't care about her right now, if she wanted to leave I wouldn't cry over it. It's not right to treat someone like crap when they've done everything to make your life something better. I've opened my home, my heart, my life to them and the thanks I get is little snotty looks, one word text responses and down graded from mother to step mother on fb. Yes the last one is petty but you know what, I do more for you than she has or will ever do for you because I'm there 24/7/365! I'm not flaking on you every other weekend because I want to go party or go to a casino and blow money that should be spent on raising you. No I'm at home, I make sure that things are planned to enjoy by all or at least by the kids. But apparently that doesn't matter because I'm not the birth mother, I'm not the one that gave her her former wedding band, which she wears around me and doesn't seem to think it doesn't bother the F out of me.

I'm spent, I'm done, I'm charred to a crisp. And while I chose to love you when I didn't have to, you should recognize this and respect it because the one that is supposed to love you sure isn't showing it.

So the consequence is this, I held back a fb pic posting because I didn't want to hurt them but after today I decided it was going up and so the below was posted. Thankfully I haven't received any negative response to it because I think if I did or if I do when I go home the "fit is going to hit the shan!"



To the readers be careful what you say and do because you might just be killing someone on the inside, adieu!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this Brooke. I'm sure she'll get over her temper tantrum soon. Just have faith and keep doing the things you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Misti, will do! Hopefully it will improve soon

    ReplyDelete