Wednesday, August 22, 2012

To hear or not to hear?

That is the question of the day. I have extremely sensitive ears, people make fun that I can hear a mouse fart a mile away, which isn't true... I don't think. While this can be beneficial when you're trying to listen in on conversations, at other times I find it a definite downfall. Today I find myself distracted with other conversations that are going on around me, so much so that I started to type their conversation rather than the words that were flowing in my mind.

I do have these wonderful earbuds that are noise cancelling that I tend to put in when I really need to concentrate on my work, and yes there are sitting on my desk mocking me. Now some would venture to say, why would you want to block out the rest of the world or think of the people that have never enjoyed the sound of laughter. To them I would reply, please take some of my hearing and give it to those people!! I would gladly share some just so that they could hear for the first time ever. Unfortunately I don't think that's a possibility that science has mastered yet.

A friend of mine that I've known since elementary has had hearing aids since as long as I've known her and for probably longer than that. She would be the first person I would share with because I can only imagine not being able to hear. Course some days I think it would be nice just to not hear at all and let it return in the evening where I could hear the sounds of my kiddos arguing or laughing with each other. She will probably never read this and never know that I would offer her my hearing but at least it's out there in the ether for that someday if it ever comes.

With much appreciation to JVC for noise cancelling earbuds I bid my readers adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment